Saturday, June 4, 2011

Food My favourite,Mika Singh's Reshmi Kebab

"My favourite dish is Mutton Nalli Nihari and Reshmi Kebab.Nothing compares to it and I relish it."
I love to eat at
"All places in Delhi serve amazing food and it's very difficult to choose.I really like Karim's because their Mughlai food is fantastic!"
My favourite cuisine
"I love traditional Indian cuisines—mutton and chicken dishes prepared in Mughlai style."
My non-food passions
"I love driving. Cooking is another hobby I indulge in regularly. I love going to the mountains with friends and camping. It's the best way to connect with nature."
Reshmi Kebab.jpg
Best meal i've ever had
"When I was travelling to Bangkok for the first time,I was quite worried about what I would eat there,but Anna (Suniel Shetty) told me to play it safe and order a Green Thai chicken curry. Though I have eaten the same many times in India, I still think that the one I ate in Bangkok was the best."

Mika Singh's Reshmi Kebab
Ingredients
Chicken breast: 2, Ginger garlic paste; 10 gm, Lemon juice: 2 tbsp, Hung curd: 200 gm, Saffron: 5 strands, Gram flour (roasted): 10 gm, Green chili paste: 5 gm, Mustard oil: 50 ml, Jeera powder: 5 gm, Garam masala powder: 3 gm, Cardamom powder: 2 gm, Kasoori Methi; 5 gm, Chaat masala: 5 gm, Black salt; 3 gm, Eggs: 2.

Method
Wash the chicken breast and cut into morsels. Apply ginger garlic paste and lemon juice. Leave it aside for an hour.

- Make a marinade using hung curd, saffron, roasted gram flour, green chili paste, mustard oil, jeera powder, garam masala powder, cardamom powder, kasoori methi, chaat masala and black salt.

- Marinate the morsels with the marinade and keep overnight.

- Skewer the morsels and cook in tandoor till tender. Keep brushing with butter to keep it juicy.

- Separate the yolks from the whites.Whisk the egg white till soft. I Apply the egg white on the morsels and cook in tandoor.